Thursday, April 2, 2009

Through the Storm

For the Lord is good and worthy to be praised!!

James 1:2-4 says, My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trails, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

In this season many are going through a storm and it seems that in the midst of the storm it is difficult to see. In John 16:33 Jesus says, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

There is a benefit to your suffering. The trials that we face in this life come to improve our faith, producing patience and endurance. It may feel like you are alone but hold on, have faith. God is in control.

Seek God's voice through the storm and He will guide you with wisdom and understanding. Romans 10:17 say, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So what are you going to do with what you have heard?

Father God...I come to you in midst of my storm seeking your voice while standing on your promises. I come to you believing that You are working everything out for my good. I will continue to stand in faith. These trials that I face are temporal but your word is eternal. I stand today knowing that this too shall pass and soon I will see the rainbow beyond the clouds. Thank you Lord!!! In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment