Thursday, March 26, 2009

In This Path of Life

In this life there will be many people who cross our paths, but sometimes there are few who leave such a lasting impact on our lives. I have had the blessing of meeting someone special who has left such a profound impact on me.

I met this gentlemen back in 2007 at the church I belong to. When I first met him, I thought he was just a nosey guy, you know those type of people who just want to get all up in your business? Well that's what I thought he was trying to do, until I had the chance to know him better.

We've had many conversations, but on this particular evening we were on the phone having a enjoyable conversation and out of the blue he asked me, "What is on your heart?" I thought to myself, okay why is he asking me this?" I got very quiet and tried to avoid answering the question. You may say that's not an unusaul or difficult question, but for me it was a very difficult question. You see, I was the type of person to hold my feeling inside for fear that people would think I was weak or vulnerable. Yes, afraid of people getting to know the sensitive, tender side of me and yes, it may sound strange!!! So when he asked that question, I immediately got quiet and wanted to end the conversation. Well, he wasn't having it, he would not allow me to get off the phone, unless I hung up on him. (which I would have never done. :)) I began to get emotional because this was a difficult place for me to enter. He told me, "You don't have to run from the pain anymore, and you don't have to say a word, just go on and let it out." WOW!!! Why did he say that, it seemed everything that I have ever dealt with emotionally came out, all the tears I never cried ,all the hurt and pain that I have endured and held on to, it all spilled out.

This man, this angel, through his gentleness, kindness and love helped me to expose a side of me that I was afraid to show. Some may say, that's nothing, but to me it was huge hurdle to overcome and I sometime wonder had not met him or if he had not been the willing vessel to be used by God, would I still be in that bondage of fear. Thank you Lord!!!! He has been an encourager, protector, confidant and a cherished friend. I am truly blessed and grateful to have him in my life.

We sometimes wonder why a person is in our life, well I believe that God never makes a mistake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment