Thursday, May 28, 2009

Childlike Faith

Today I received and email from a friend that blessed me and inspired this writing. Below is an excerpt from the email.

Those of us who are parents probably can testify to this: When your child(ren) were babies, they had not one single worry. It was innately in them to trust you as mommy or daddy to feed, cloth and protect them. Stress was nonexistent to them because mommy and daddy would handle it.

My question to you, How come it's so difficult to put that same childlike trust in our Heavenly Daddy?

In Matthew 6:25-34 paraphrased, Jesus says, therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? If I clothe the lilies of the field, shall I also clothe you?

Our Father knows what we need before we ask Him. (Matthew 6:8) Therefore do not worry. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is yet to be. Whatever you are worrying about, don't. Today, tell yourself, " I am not going to worry because my Heavenly Father is going to take care of me." Use your childlike faith and believe that your Daddy will take care of you and is already working it out for you.
-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment